Saturday, March 13, 2010

Calabase

Today we went up the mountian to Calabase to a school that Jon and Jack sponsor. Jon and Jack are staying and helping at GLA for a few weeks and making sure that their school is running good. While we were there we met Nixon who was hurt really bad in the earthquake. He is the principal at the Calabase school. He broke his arm and leg after failinf off the balcony during the earthquake. When we went up there we took supplies for the families whos children go to the Calabase school. It was a really fun experience. Calabase is way up in the mountians so the views were breath-taking.

For lunch we got to go the Baptist mission. They had little souveniour shops and there were people everywhere. I got some pretty cool stuff to take back to the states with me. It was kind of overwhelming trying to bargin with the men that were selling different things on the streets.

I also got to call my parents on the international phone. It was so awesome getting to talk to them. My mom definitely was crying. I guess I exspected it.

We get to relax the rest of the weekend. Off to church tomorrow. That will be just what I need to start another fanastic week!

No comments:

Post a Comment