Monday, March 8, 2010

Church and Noises

There are so many noises to here when trying to sleep in Haiti. There are some cows right below our room, rosters that crow whenever they want, goats, people singing and cars going by. It is definitely an adjustment from the sirens I always here in Omaha. Yesterday we got to go to a house church. Everyone there was American. It was such a blessing to be able to do worship in my own language. God is so awesome! The sun actually came out Sunday (there has been a huge cloud over the entire city since we have been here). It was so nice! I tried to catch a geco but failed. Oh well there will be plenty more oppritunities. I did catch a tree frog though. The older kids freaked out. I guess the Haitians think that if tree frogs pee in your eye, you will go blind. This one girl had a bat and was ready to kill it. Since the day was so nice, the older kids were outside most of the day. I told them my name was Amanda, in which I repeatedly heard my name the rest of the day. They never needed anything from me, they just wanted to say my name.

Today we got up around 7:20 to get ready for our mile walk down the road to the main house. We said hi to about everyone we passed on the way down. It is considered very rude if you don't say hi. We got right to work work playing, cuddling, and feeding our assigned kids. I have two little girls and two boys. They are all so precious. It's now lunch time then we will do some sorting and other random things around the house after lunch. My tan is coming along great just incase any of you wanted to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment