Monday, March 22, 2010

Finally Home

Home is a bittersweet place right now. I woke up this morning and got pretty sad that I didn't get to go see my babies today. I have still been keeping up on the blogs and facebooks of the other girls so I know everyone was doing ok. Susan, the nurse at GLA, said that they had a 3.5 aftershock on Friday night. God was so good in that we were not there for that exsperience, but it still would have been a good story to tell. I checked Suasan's blog today and they got a new preemie from Kinscoff that is very malnurished. Please pray for Susan to have wisdom to know how to help out this little baby. If you want to check out her blog or any of the others you can go to glahaiti.com.

When we got back to the states we immeiately decided that we needed to get some good American pizza before our next flight. It was a brilliant idea at the time, but when you get ecoli and are throwing up on planes and in airports for the next 24 hours, then it's not so great. Thankfully God knew that I needed my mommy to be in Omaha when I got back. Her and Brett came down to Omaha then picked up Micah at Grace to meet me at the airport. They all three did an awesome job taking care of me after my sleepless, sickly, 24 hours.

God taught me a ton while I was in Haiti, especially to rely on Him for everything. He got me through safe and sound. I am so glad that I got to experience Haiti. I will never forget the people, the babies, or the amazing time that I had.

For now I think God wants me to be in Omaha going to school at Grace. Maybe one day I'll return to Haiti...I guess we'll see what He does in my life. Whatever it is I know it will be great!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment