Thursday, March 18, 2010

Chaoticness

When you tell God to take you out of your comfort zone, He does exactly that.
The morning stated around 7:45 with our daily walk to the main house. We all got proposed to by some Haitian men on the streets. So exciting. After arriving to the main house we got to hang out with our babies for awhile until we packed four trucks of food and clothing to distribute to the mountain town of Kinscoff. Alyssa, Kayla, and I got to ride in one of GLA’s brand new trucks. It was a very smooth ride which was different from the rest of the trips up the mountain.
When we arrived in Kinscoff one of the four vehicles went to pick up the mayor so that the distribution would go smoothly. Boy did that plan back fire. It ended up being that the mayor had a list of people that the bags of donations were going to. Problem is that when there are tons of backs left and tons of people that didn’t get one left. A mob broke out. It is so sad how the people of Kinscoff live. Our driver Jon said that the people are just surviving. So sad. After about an hour of chaos Jon decided that our vehicle needed to leave. He didn’t want us getting hurt. Jon reminds me a lot of my grandpa Dave. He is such a good guy. We ended up handing out our bag from our truck further down the mountain. The people were very grateful and one woman even thanked us repeatedly.
After the trek down the mountain we convinced Jon to stop at the Baptist Mission for ice cream and lunch. Of course Jon stopped for us. At the mission we met some missionaries that decided to come with us back to the house. Let me tell you twenty volunteers on a balcony with about twenty kids is never a good idea. I ended up getting a little overwhelmed so I helped do a few organizing projects.
God knew just what we all needed to end our hectic day. Pastor Joel came over to lead us in Bible study which was very refreshing. The team he brought with him lead the worship which was really amazing with the cloud coming across the balcony and the lightning across the mountains.
I have to leave Haiti in two days. I can say that I am ready to come home, but I know that what I have learned here is going to stick with me for life. Who knows maybe I’ll find myself back here one day. Or maybe He has a different plan for me. I guess I’ll just have to trust Him and follow His plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment